Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sharing Links

I've been looking for the Holy Grail for a while, and I think I've found it. My requirement is to be able to send a link from my smartphone browsing to my desktop - for example I may, while browsing at home on my phone, find a page that I want to explore further on my desktop at the office. I'd tried a few Bookmark sharing apps but wasn't happy with them. Nor did I want a 'read it later' kind of app.

But my wishes were granted when I found Phone2Chrome. The app, with a companion Chrome extension, does the job perfectly. It works by tapping into your DropBox account, storing the things to be shared there. Use it to send a link a link from your phone, and when you open your browser you'll get a notification.

It's a great little app/extension, and having used it for a while now it's good to see how it's evolving nicely - for example, you can view a history of links you've shared both in your desktop browser and on your phone. And best of all, it's free!

No comments: